First of all, thank you so much to everyone who has listened to the podcast. We really appreciate it. It's been fun to do and I'm very glad Dave talked me into it a little over two years ago. It gave me a much needed creative outlet.
We saw Spider-Man: Homecoming (of course) and we talk all about it for the last half hour or so of the episode, so if you haven't seen the movie yet, you might want to turn off the episode before that. It's full of spoilers.
The other thing that we do in this episode (besides bring back the Renner Report) is announce the line-up for this year's book club, which will start with the next episode. Here is the full line-up:
- July 19 - Trinity by Matt Wagner (DC)
- July 26 - Sexcastle by Kyle Starks (Image)
- Aug 2 - Black Panther: The Complete Collection vol.1 by Christopher Priest, Mark Texeira, Vince Evans, Joe Jusko, Mike Manley, Mark Bright and Sal Velluto (Marvel)
- Aug 9 - The Rocketeer: The Complete Adventures by Dave Stevens (IDW)
- Aug 16 - The Thing: Project Pegasus by Ralph Macchio, Mark Gruenwald, John Bryne, Sal Buscema, and George Perez (Marvel)
- Aug 23 - Who is Wonder Woman? by Allan Heinberg and Terry Dodson (DC)
- Aug 30 - Ms Marvel: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona (Marvel)
- Sept 6 - The Valiant by Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt, and Paolo Rivera (Valiant)
- Sept 13 - Young Avengers by Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung (Marvel)
- Sept 20 - Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt by J.M. DeMatteis and Mike Zeck (Marvel)
I have also made a list of these books on Goodreads, to make it easy to follow along.
So we'll start next week with Matt Wagner's Trinity (by which we mean the complete collected edition, which includes vol 1 and 2).
Finally, if you are interested, my original rating of Steve Rogers as a superhunk is here. Poor bastard.
Again, thanks for listening! See you next week!