This week we totally talk about actual comic books! We talk about books that had such great writing that we were (almost) able to overlook the not-so-great art. And then books that had art that was so great that we bought them even though the writing was just terrible. It gets kinda mean, not gonna lie.
And the panel at the top of this post is, of course, from JLA (great writing by Grant Morrison, just dreadful art by Howard Porter). Here are a few more of the comics we mention:
1. Animal Man with great writing by Grant Morrison, not-so-great art by Chas Truog:
2. Miracle Man with great writing by Alan Moore, not-so-great art by Chuck Beckum:
3. Godland with great art by Tom Scioli and not-so-great writing by Joe Casey:
4. Doom Patrol with great writing by Grant Morrison, not-so-great art by Richard Case:
5. Our favourite example: Superman/Batman with great art by Ed McGuinness, terrible writing by Jeph Loeb:
Hey, if you want to watch the entire Captain America: Civil War panel from Wizard World New Orleans, you can!!! Right here.
And if you want to see how extremely handsome and snugly Chris Evans looked while doing that panel, here's some visual reference:
I'll finish this with a picture of that Winter Soldier Dorbz toy that is coming out and is adorable. And some very funny fan art inspired by it.
Nah, I lied. I'm gonna end this with a selfie of Sebastian Stan in a tux on Golden Globes night: